Last updated on September 24th, 2018
Aloo matar recipe without onion and garlic, sharing an easy recipe for aloo matar without onion and garlic .
Aloo matar is a delicious vegan curry made with potatoes,peas.Usually onion is added for this curry, but here I have made a onion garlic free aloo matar,comforting home style side dish for chapathi. Any recipe with potato is a hit here at my home and aloo matar is no exception too. This side dish can be made easily with all your pantry staples along potatoes and peas in less than 30 minutes.This sabzi just bursts out with flavor and not to forget its appeasing color.Unlike rich restaurant style gravies this aloo mattar is a very comforting,easy on tummy recipe that you will keep going for.Here I have not used chilli powder as I wanted that bright yellow color,you can go ahead and add chilli powder if you want bright red color along with green chillies. This is a vegan recipe and to make this aloo matar recipe gluten free you can leave out asafoetida. I have not added ginger in this recipe,but adding a bit of ginger along with green chillies will add flavor and help in digestion too.
I paired aloo matar subzi with methi poori and it was a healthy breakfast platter.For any recipe with minimum ingredients,use fresh ingredients with highest quality so that you get fullest of taste and flavor.
Aloo matar recipe details below:
Aloo matar recipe-homestyle aloo matar curry without onion and garlic.
- 3 large potatoes
- 1/2 cup shelled fresh peas
- 1 large tomato
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- Cilantro to garnish
- Boil,peel and mash the potatoes.Shell the peas and finely chop the tomato.
- Heat oil in a kadai and temper with mustard,cumin,asafoetida and chillies.Add the chopped tomatoes and saute til very mushy
- Add the shelled peas and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the mashed potatoes,salt,turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cook till the gravy thickens
- Remove from flame,garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot
1.You can use baby potatoes instead of normal potatoes.
2.You can use fresh tomato puree instead of chopped tomatoes
3.You can add coriander powder and chilli powder if preferred.