Last updated on February 22nd, 2019
Aloo methi sandwich recipe is one more easy to make breakfast with bread.I am one big lover of sandwich,I can eat sandwich daily,in fact when I was working I used to have them very often for breakfast,I simply love grilled veg sandwich.Sometimes I used to add cheese and sometimes skip cheese,both are delicious.The aloo methi sandwich recipe I am blogging today is a very filling,healthy and tasty snack for toddlers and kids who fuss over eating.In this recipe,boiled and mashed potatoes are sauteed with fresh methi leaves for a brilliant flavor and taste. Fres methi leaves pairs up beautifully with potatoes and the minimum use of other spices let the flavor of methi leaves shine.I love methi leaves,I love them along with their slight bitterness,which I feel is uniqueness of methi leaves.Though it is possible to reduce the bitterness of methi leaves by squeezing the juice,we also loose flavor along with bitterness by doing so.Actually most of the bitterness goes away while sauteing ,so I highly recommend not to squeeze or add extra salt to methi leaves in any recipe which calls for methi leaves.Try to source tender or baby leaves as they are less bitter and really tasty.This aloo methi sandwich I made for snacks was consumed in no time,tastes great with a hot cup of coffee especially during monsoons.
Aloo methi sandwich recipe
- 12 bread slices
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 cup packed methi leaves
- 3 green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala or coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- Boil,peel and mash the potatoes well.Wash the methi leaves thoroughly to remove any grit,sand and dirt.If you are using baby leaves,no need to remove stalk,else remove stalk and chop finely.
- Heat oil in a kadai and temper with mustard,cumin,asafoetida and green chilies.
- Add the methi leaves and saute for 2 minutes
- Add the mashed potatoes,all the spice powders,salt and mix well.Saute for 5-7 minutes till the raw smell of spice powders go off.Remove form flame
- Take a bread slice and apply butter on both sides.Keep 2 tabelspoons of prepare filling over the slice and close with another bread slice.Apply butter on the top again.Repeat this with all the 12 slices,so you get 6 pairs of sandwich.
- Toast the sandwich in a sandwich maker,serve hot with coffee.
1.You can add spinach leaves instead of methi leaves
2.You can grill this sandwich or just toast on a tava after applying butter.
3.I have used minimum spices and no onion,garlic or ginger to bring out the flavor of methi leaves.You can adustbthe spicesas you prefer