Aloo tikki burger recipe with step by step photos. Sharing a very easy to make delicious aloo tikki buger recipe with you all today. Aloo tikki burger is a north Indian street food often found in push carts. There is also one more popular version of aloo tikki burger that is McDonald’s Mc Aloo tikki burger. I got some requests from my readers for recipe of aloo tikki burger and here is my method for making aloo tikki burger.
This is a 100% homemade aloo tikki burger recipe 🙂 Delicious, thick and filling aloo tikkis sandwiched between whole wheat burger buns, burger sauce and some salad, yeah everything is homemade here 🙂 I first baked a whole wheat burger bun and while the buns were cooling I fixed the tikkis for aloo tikki burger. I had some homemade mayonnaise in hand, so making burger sauce was very very easy. If you do not have mayo in hand, you can use some cheese spread, hung curd or just thick curd with some salad. Get creative and make your own burger dressing.
This aloo tikki burger does not have green chutney or sweet chutney like north Indian aloo tikki burher. This is more of mc aloo tikki burger with some twists of my own. Also you do not have restrict this burger recipe with just aloo tikki. You can use veg tikki, hara bhara kabab, carrot falafel, paneer tikki and make tikki burger of your choice.
To make aloo tikki burger I used my aloo tikki without bread crumbs recipe. I did not deep fry the tikkis, just made thick patties and toasted them in tava in low flame.
Serve aloo tikki burger as soon as assembled with some french fries if you wish or just plain with some cold drink.
here is how to make aloo tikki recipe with step by step photos.
step by step aloo tikki burger recipe
1. make aloo tikkis as mentioned here- aloo tikki recipe here:
3. To make aloo tikki burger, first slit the burger bun into 2.
4. Toast the bun with some butter and a dash of tomato sauce.
5. Place the bottom of the bun on a serving plate. place a lettuce or cabbage leaf and place a prepared tikki on it.
6. Spread some burger sauce. Place some salad or cucumber, tomato, onion slices. Cover with the other half of the bun and serve aloo tikki burger immediately.
aloo tikki burger recipe card below:
Aloo tikki burger recipe | Indian aloo tikki burger recipe, how to make aloo tikki burger
- To mix into burger sauce
- 1/2 cup vegan or eggless mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- hot sauce or chili sauce as required
- For aloo tikki burger:
- 4 burger buns
- 4 aloo tikkis
- Burger sauce as required
- Tomato cucumber slices
- Cabbage leaves
- lettuce leaves
- make aloo tikkis as mentioned here- aloo tikki recipe here:
- mix mayonnaise and ketchup along with some chili sauce or hot and sweet sauce to make burger sauce. Instead of this burger sauce you can also use green chutney, sweet chutney, cheese spread etc.
- To make aloo tikki burger, first slit the burger bun into 2.
- Toast the bun with some butter and a dash of tomato sauce.
- Place the bottom of the bun on a serving plate. place a lettuce or cabbage leaf and place a prepared tikki on it.
- Spread some burger sauce. Place some salad or cucumber, tomato, onion slices. Cover with the other half of the bun and serve aloo tikki burger immediately.
2. You can place a cheese slice along with tikki