Last updated on January 23rd, 2018
Aloo tikki recipe with step by step photos. Aloo pudina tikki, very tasty and flavorful snack made with potatoes and mint leaves.
Sharing a very easy to make cutlet recipe that can be served as a quick snack, starter or you can even pack this aloo tikki in toddlers and kids tiffin.
I am always on lookout for quick and easy evening snack recipes that can also double up as breakfast. I like to make various cutlets for snacks as they are quite filling, tasty as well as easy to eat. When ever I make potato cutlets, I usually make this aloo tikki without bread crumbs. This time when I was all set to make aloo tikki, I wanted to make it a little different, I had a bunch of fresh mint leaves and I made this aloo tikki recipe with mint leaves. Aloo pudina tikki is so unique, tasty, flavorful and a filling cutlet.
To make aloo tikki recipe with mint leaves, along with potatoes and mint leaves I used very simple spices as I wanted the flavor of mint leaves to be more prominent. I have used just salt, ginger-green chili and cumin powder. Instead of ginger-green chili, you can add pepper powder too. You can make aloo tikki with coriander leaves too, or a combination of both mint and coriander leaves.
Serve aloo tikki with green chutney, sweet chutney or you can also serve it along with tea on its own. Here is how to make aloo tikki recipe with mint leaves. Do give these a try!
Aloo tikki recipe with step by step photos.
1. Boil, peel and mash the potatoes very well. Ass chopped mint leaves and mix well.
2. Add crushed ginger-green chili, cumin powder and salt. Mix well and divide the mixture into 9-10 equal sized balls.
3. Flatten each ball and roll over bread crumbs.
4. Heat oil and deep or shallow fry the shaped cutlets. Serve aloo tikki hot.
Aloo tikki recipe with mint leaves recipe card below:
Aloo tikki recipe | Aloo pudina tikki recipe
- 2 large potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup mint leaves finely chopped
- 2 green chilies + 1/2" inch ginger crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs see notes
- Boil, peel and mash the potatoes very well. Ass chopped mint leaves and mix well.
- Add crushed ginger-green chili, cumin powder and salt. Mix well and divide the mixture into 9-10 equal sized balls.
- Flatten each ball and roll over bread crumbs.
- Heat oil and deep or shallow fry the shaped cutlets. Serve aloo tikki hot.
2. You can deep or shallow fry the cutlets, you can even toast it on dosa tava with very little oil.