Last updated on January 25th, 2018
Basil pesto recipe with step by step photos. I wanted to try this basil pesto recipe with walnuts for a long time. We like pesto sauce with nuts in our home and I often make a mimic pesto with almonds and cilantro leaves to serve with pasta.
We do not get fresh basil leaves readily here, so I make pesto with cilantro leaves. Last week when I saw fresh basil leaves in store, I immediately picked it and I also knew what I will be making. Basil pesto recipe with walnuts, cheese and a dash of olive oil was made as soon as I reached home and we relished te pesto sauce along with pasta, I made a basil pesto pizza too. All the dishes turned out to be too good with fresh basil flavor along with nutty taste and texture from nuts.
To make basil pesto recipe, I have added couple of almonds along with walnuts. If you do not have walnuts you can use almonds alone. If available you can use pine nuts too. I have added just 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, you can increase the amount of cheese as per your taste. Basil pesto keeps ell in fridge for about a week. Make sure to store in a clean dry jar and use a clean spoon to take the basil pesto for use.
Use basil pesto make basil pesto pasta, basil pesto pizza or serve along with toast too.
Here is how to make basil pesto recipe, do try this easy pesto sauce!
Basil pesto recipe with step by step photos.
1. Wash and rinse the basil leaves.
2. Take the washed leaves in a grinding jar. Add minced garlic, salt and blend for 2 minutes.
3. Now add the walnuts and almonds. Add olive oil, cheese and blend again.
4. Add more salt if needed and blend again. Store basil pesto in a clean jar. Add more olive oil while serving if needed.
To make basil pesto recipe vegan just leave out cheese.
Basil pesto recipe card below:
Basil pesto recipe | Basil walnut pesto recipe
- 3 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- Wash and rinse the basil leaves.
- Take the washed leaves in a grinding jar. Add minced garlic, salt and blend for 2 minutes.
- Now add the walnuts and almonds. Add olive oil, cheese and blend again.
- Add more salt if needed and blend again. Store basil pesto in a clean jar. Add more olive oil while serving if needed.
2. You more or less cheese as per taste