Carrot almond oats soup recipe is an easy, healthy and comforting soup for cold winter evenings. With just some handful of ingredients you can make this super delicious soup in 20 minutes. Serve on it own or with a piece of toast for that cozy winter dinner.
There are many ways to make carrot almond soup and the one shared here is a very easy one. With its vibrant color and robust flavor,this is a very comforting and warm soup. This could easily become a meal in itself when served with some bread.
I have been getting requests for oats recipes here very often. I include oats in our diet once in a while in the form of dosa, idli, khichdi or pongal. You can also use oats to thicken soups like this or add in your smoothies, pudding and many more. Basically this grain keeps you full for long time.
This carrot almond oats soup is very creamy and rich despite no cream is used here. The wonderful texture is from carrot while almonds lends it characteristic earthy flavor to this soup. With winters fast approaching, soups are a great way to stay warm.
This carrot almond soup will be a great hit with toddlers and kids too for its color and taste. You can easily sneak carrots and almonds in the diet for those fussy kids 🙂 Even those who are not really fussy will for sure appreciate the concoction of carrots and almonds in this soup.
I got this recipe from a book and at first wondered how would it taste like,I just wanted to try this as I really wanted to add carrots in more forms in our meal. The recipe originally called for bread crumbs which I have substituted with quick cooking oats,so the soup was really filling and thick,the soup turned out brilliant. I just loved the flavor,color and taste of this soup,I would definitely be making this again 🙂
You Might Also Like
How To Make Carrot Almond Soup Recipe Step by Step
1. Heat olive oil in a small pressure cooker and saute the sliced onions for 3-5 minutes.
2. Add the cubed carrots,whole almonds and saute for 5 more minutes.
3. Now add the quick cooking oats,1 cup water and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
4. Once the pressure is released,drain the entire content,reserving the water.
5. Puree the cooked carrot-almond using a hand blender or mixer.
6. Add the puree along with reserved water to the same cooker,add salt and pepper powder and simmer for 7 minutes.
7. Check the seasoning and remove from flame,serve carrot almond oats soup hot.
I hope you will try this oats carrot almond soup recipe and enjoy as much as we did.
Carrot Almond Soup Recipe
Carrot almond oats soup recipe | Easy soup recipes
- 2 medium carrots peeled and cubed
- 7-8 whole almonds+2 slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons quick cooking oats
- 1 medium onion cubed
- Pepper powder
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a small pressure cooker and saute the sliced onions for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cubed carrots,whole almonds and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Now add the quick cooking oats,1 cup water and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Once the pressure is released,drain the entire content,reserving the water.
- Puree the cooked carrot-almond using a hand blender or mixer.
- Add the puree along with reserved water to the same cooker,add salt and pepper powder and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Check the seasoning and remove from flame and garnish with slivered almonds,serve carrot almond oats soup hot.
2.You can even use beets in this recipe instead of carrot.
3. Even walnuts can be used instead of almonds