Last updated on May 10th, 2019
Carrot soup recipe with step by step photos. Sharing an easy recipe for how to make carrot soup at home with simple ingredients.
Recently a reader of mine tried my mixed vegetables soup and asked for more easy soup recipes. I immediately thought about this easy carrot soup recipe. I have been making this soup since many years. Whenever we crave something hot and something, or have sore throat I make some soups and this soup is our favorite. We as a family love carrots, I use them in my cooking almost daily in some form. You will see various recipes with carrots here like carrot podi curry, easy carrot halwa, carrot bread golden fingers
To make this carrot soup recipe, I use olive oil instead of butter, that too only 1 teaspoon. This is a vegan carrot soup recipe. So this soup is a guilt free 0ne. I sometimes add boiled sweet corn kernels in this soup, just for some texture, that is optional. This is a very mildly spiced soup, you can adjust pepper powder as per your taste, you can even add some paprika powder or a red chilli if you want a more spicy soup.
You can serve carrot soup with any toast or garlic bread sticks to make it a light meal or make the soup thinner and serve as starter soup. When serving for toddlers and kids you can use butter for sauteing and add in some grated cheese while serving. If you get sweet carrot or Delhi carrots, you can use it for this soup. the color will be more pleasing and attractive.
Here is how to make carrot soup recipe, one of the most easy soup recipes to make do try out!
How to make carrot soup recipe
1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan and saute chopped carrots, sweet corns and chopped onions until soft.
2. Add just 1/2 cup water and close the lid. pressure cook for up to whistles.
3. Drain the vegetables and reserve the stock. Now reserve few onion pieces and sweet corn kernels for garnishing and take the cooked carrots and remaining onions in a blender/mixer jar.
4. Grind to a very smooth paste adding very little water if needed (Use some of the reserved stock for grinding).
5. Return the carrot puree to the same pressure cooker and add the reserved stock. mix very well.
6. Add salt, pepper powder and sugar. Simmer the soup for 4-5 minutes.
7. Adjust seasoning, add the reserved onions and sweet corn kernels and serve carrot soup hot.
Carrot soup recipe card below:
carrot soup recipe, how to make carrot soup | Easy soup recipes
- 2 large carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet corn kernels optional
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar adjust
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder adjust
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a small pressure cooker. Add chopped carrots, onion and corn kernels. Saute till soft.
- Add 1/2 cup water and close the pressure cooker. Cook until 4 whistles.
- Drain the vegetables and reserve the stock.
- Reserve few onion pieces and sweet corn kernels. Puree the cooked carrots and remaining onions until very smooth.
- Return the carrot puree to the pressure cook and add the stock. Mix well and simmer.
- Add salt,sugar,pepper powder and simmer for few more minutes. Add reserved onions and sweet corn, serve carrpt soup hot.
2. You can use a small tomato along with carrots for tangy taste
3. Do not boil the soup, just simmer it.