Last updated on July 18th, 2019
I often make one pot pulao for our lunch as it easy to make and carry. Corn peas pulao is a simple,fragrant,healthy pulao that is apt for lunchbox and dinner.
It is packed with multitude of flavors and takes less time to prepare. Sweet corn kernels and fresh green peas lend a wonderful flavor and sweet note to this pulao.
I make such quick pulao recipes for busy mornings. Since I have cooked rice ready, making this corn pulao takes just 15 minutes and tastes delicious
You can serve this easy corn pulao with any raita or a side salad.
This Corn Peas Pulao Is
Healthy & wholesome
Tasty lunchbox option
Favorite with toddlers and kids
Vegan & gluten free
Quick & easy to make
What Goes In Corn Peas Pulao?
With very few simple ingredients and fresh veggies you can this pulao in 30 minutes. This pulao is flavored with simple spice paste made with onion, ginger, green chilies and coriander.
Instead of making the spice paste you can simply add ginger garlic paste and some garam masala powder too.
I have used basmati rice but you can use any rice available. If you have jeeraga samba rice you can use it too. It will taste very good in this pulao.
Along with corn with peas you can also add chopped paneer to make it more delicious and filling.
How To Make Corn Peas Pulao?
Rinse, drain and pressure cook the rice for 2 whistles. Spread the rice on a wide plate and let cool. Make a coarse paste of onion, green chilies, cumin seeds and coriander leaves.
To make the pulao, heat 2 tablespoons oil or a ghee in a pan. Temper with mustard and cumin seeds. Add the ground masala and saute well till the raw smell goes off. Next add chopped tomatoes and saute very well. Add steamed green peas and corn kernels. Saute well, add salt and mix well. Finally add cooked rice and mix gently. Add lemon juice and mix well. Serve hot or warm.
How To Make One Pot Corn Peas Pulao?
If you prefer you can make this pulao in a pressure cooker. Rinse and drain the rice first. Spread it on a plate and cool it for a while. In the meantime prep the veggies and spice paste.
Heat a pressure cooker base with oil and make the recipe as mentioned until step 5. At the time of adding rice, add the drained raw rice and mix well. Add required water and cover the pressure cooker. Pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
Once the pressure settles down, open fluff up and serve corn peas pulao warm or hot.
How To Serve Corn Peas Pulao?
This is a moderately spiced pulao that goes very well with
More rice recipes you might like
Corn Peas Pulao Recipe
Corn Peas Pulao Recipe
For Spice Paste
- 1 Medium Onion Coarsely Chopped
- 2 Green Chilies
- 2 teaspoons Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Coriander leaves
For Corn Peas Pulao
- 1 Cups Basmati Rice Cooked and Cooled
- 2 Tablespoons oil or ghee
- 1 Teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 small tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Corn Kernels Steamed or Boiled
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas Steamed or Boiled
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder Or Pav Baji Masala Powder
- Salt To taste
- Coriander Leaves For Garnishing
- .Soak basmati rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain and cook with just enough water,so that the cooked grains are fluffy and separate.
- While the rice is cooking,grind the ingredients mentioned in “grind to a coarse paste” with very little water.Boil corn kernels and peas for 5-7 minutes.
- Heat a pan and add 3-4 tablespoons oil.Once hot add mustard and cumin seeds.
- Add the ground masala and saute till the raw smell goes off and oil starts to separate.Now add the chopped tomato and saute till cooked.
- Add corn kernels and peas,mix well. Add pav bhaji or garam masala powder,salt and saute well for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and mix very gently.
- Remove from flame,garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot.