Last updated on May 1st, 2018
Cucumber chaas recipe, sharing an easy and healthy summer drink recipe with buttermilk. Chaas that is spiced butter milk is a popular summer drink all over India. Each region in India has its own way of drinking butter milk as it is one of the best coolants. In south India a very watery preparation is done with butter milk,curry leaves, asafoetida and salt known as “neer mor”. Chaas is the similar kind of drink prepared in north India. There are many varieties of chaas like plain chaas,masala chass,pudhina chaas. I saw this cucumber chaas recipe in A tv show by Ms. Mallika Badrinath.
I liked the idea of adding cucumber in this recipe, cucumber is one of the best food to consume during hot summers and so is butter milk. This cucumber chaas recipe is so flavorful and cooling, you will feel the goodness of this drink as soon as you have :). Apart from cucumber you need roasted cumin seeds powder,few mint leaves and salt to make cucumber chaas recipe. I have also added a dash of lemon juice and chaat masala owder just to add some zing. You can add if you prefer.
Do try this easy chaas recipe to beat the summer heat.
Cucumber chaas recipe details below:
cucumber chaas recipe| Masala chaas with cucumber
- 2 cups thick butter milk
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds powder
- 10-12 mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- Peel and chop the cucumber coarsely.
- Blend the chopped cucumber along with butter milk,salt,mint leaves and spice powders.
- Add water,lemon juice and churn well. Serve immediately.
2. You can cilantro leaves instead of mint leaves.
3. Make sure to use thick butter milk else chaas will become very watery.