Last updated on February 5th, 2019
There are many ways to make dry fruits ladoo. The ingredients and proportions can be varied as per taste. Here I am sharing in this recipe the easiest way to make dry fruits laddu in 15 minutes. Also there is no need to prepare sugar syrup for making dry fruits laddu.
I like to use a mix of dates, figs and raisins along with nuts like almonds, pistachios etc. While the dates are the base of this ladoo, you can leave out figs or raisins if you prefer. Also you can use the nuts you like. Roasting the nuts adds more flavor to the ladoo.
Use medjool dates if poosible in this recipe as they are sweeter. Pit the dates and chop them. If you prefer very smooth ladoos then you can even grind the dry fruits and then add nuts.
These dry fruits ladoos are perfect source of nutrition for toddlers and kids. You can wrap them in candy papers and gift during festivals. Also these ladoos with milk is excellent for breakfast.
Variations with dry fruits laddu recipe:
1.It is optional to top with coconut,you can even use almond flakes or pistachio flakes.
2.You can use seeds like pumpkin melon etc along with nutes
3. Also you can use walnuts in this recipe
Another popular recipe for making dry fruits laddu is by making a sugar syrup or jaggery syrup. The ladoss we get in sweet shops are usually made with sugar syrup. The shelf life of these ladoos is high compared to the instant ladoos.
Store dry fruit ladoos in airtight container and serve as required. It keeps well for 3-4 days. The recipe can be double or tripled or halved.
More ladoo recipes:
Are you making this recipe? Do snap a pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #cookclickndevou.
Dry Fruits Ladoo Recipe:
Dry Fruits Ladoo recipe | Easy Dry Fruits Laddu recipe
- 30 dates pitted
- 15 dried figs
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup cashews roasted and chopped
- 1/8 cup almonds roasted and chopped
- 1/8 cup pistachios roasted and chopped
- desiccated coconut optional, for rolling
- First of all dry roast the nuts until they turn aromatic.
- Let cool and chop them finely
- Soak dry fruits in hot water for 20 minutes.Drain and chop the dates and figs coarsely.
- Pulse the chopped dry fruits until they resemble fine crumbs.
- Heat a thick pan. Add the pulsed dry fruits-nuts and saute for 6-7 minutes. The whole mixture will turn to a big lump and non sticky.
- Remove from flame and allow to cool for 15 minutes.Once the mixture is warm to touch,apply some ghee to your palms and shape them into mini ladoos.
- Roll over desiccated coconut and serve.