Last updated on March 3rd, 2019
Easy granola bars recipe with step wise pictures, today I am taking a break from blogging about Indian recipes and I am sharing an easy recipe for homemade no bake granola bars made on stove top with you all.
I tasted granola for the first time only before an year or two and I liked it instantly. I can never have a bowl of granola with milk for breakfast but I am in anytime to have granola for snacks. I have already blogged an easy recipe for making chocolatey granola and this time I wanted to make a chewy granola bar just like we find in shops these days. I even bought these granola bars once or twice just to know how they taste. That is how I also came to know there are so many types of granola, crunchy,chewy,baked granola bars and many more. I was not sure what to try and I stumbled upon this Tarla dalal’s recipe for granola bars. This seemed to be a fairly simple and quick recipe for granola bars and luckily I had all the ingredients handy, in fact more ingredients, I had stocked all possible nuts and seeds and these easy granola bars recipe was really a best bet to use all those nuts and seeds 🙂 The only change I made to that recipe was to use honey instead of sugar,as I thought it will be easy to work with honey and it was.
This is a easiest recipe for granola bars I would say, all you need to take care is to maintain the correct proportion between honey and other ingredients and not to over cook the mixture, if you over cook the entire thing will turn hard and it will not be chewy. These graonal bars will be a healthy finger food for toddlers and kids, you can give one or two granola bars to munch on as snack or even breakfast along with a cup of milk. A granola bar is usually made of rolled oats but I have used quick oats as I could not find rolled oats when I made this.
Here is how to make easy no bake chewy granola bars at home, do try out and enjoy healthy and energetic snack on the go 🙂
step by step easy granola bars recipe.
1. Measure oats and cornflakes,dry roast in low flame until nice aroma wafts out. Remove to a plate.
2. In the same pan dry roast all the nuts and dry fruits in low flame for few minutes. Remove to a plate.
3. now heat 1 tablespoon butter in the same pan and let it melt, add honey and brown sugar. Let the honey start to cook, add 2 tablespoons water and mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Now add the roasted oats and nuts and stir quickly. Stir fast and in a uniform way.
5. Transfer the entire mixture to a greased tray and smooth it with the back of a ladle. Let it cool for 10 minutes,draw lines with a sharp knife to make bars.
6. Let it set for 20-30 minutes. Now it will be easy to remove the bars from the tray. Store granola bars airtight and serve as breakfast with milk or snack.
Vegans can use sugar instead of honey. Just make a thick sugar syrup by boiling sugar with water in place of honey.
Easy granola bars recipe below:
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cornflakes
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts seeds and dry fruits (almonds,cranberries,raisins,walnuts,pumpkin seeds,sunflower seeds,melon seeds)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat a pan and dry roast oats,cornflakes and all seeds and nuts separately until nice aroma wafts out.
- In the same pan add add butter and melt it. Add sugar,honey and 1-2 tablespoons water. Mix well and once the mixture starts to boil add all the roasted ingredients.
- Stir quickly in a uniform way and mix well.
- Transfer the entire content to a well greased tray and press well. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Draw lines with sharp knife to make bars,set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Store the granola bars airtight and serve as needed.
1. You can use sugar instead of honey. Just add 1/4 cup water and make thick sugar syrup.
2. Add vanilla or cinnamon for flavor if needed.
3. Do not over cook the mixture,it will turn very sticky and hard
4. 1/2 cup honey for 1 1/2 cups oats seeds mixture is the correct proportion.