Garlic bread sticks recipe with step by step photos. Sharing an easy recipe for pizzeria style rich and cheesy garlic bread sticks. Homemade garlic bread stick are ridiculously easy to prepare, more fresh, more flavorful and hygienic too. Dominos style stuffed garlic bread is our favorite and this one I am sharing today is very simple and easy one with similar taste.
Garlic bread sticks are basically bread sticks brushed with garlic butter then topped with cheese. You can prepare these bread sticks with whole wheat flour OR all purpose flour OR combination of both Here I have used all purpose flour in this garlic bread sticks recipe.
There are few add ons in this bread sticks recipe like sweet corn and they are optional. I had few sweet corn kernels after some other recipe with sweet corn, so I just topped my garlic bread sticks with them. The amount of cheese and garlic in this recipe are purely a personal choice. If you can handle a strong garlic flavor you can add more crushed garlic to the butter else add less for a mild pleasant flavor. Same is for cheese. Increase or decrease as per choice.
To make garlic bread sticks, here I have used salted butter, dried herbs and pizza cheese. This garlic bread sticks recipe yields so soft and fluffy, very very delicious bread sticks they were all gone in few minutes!
Serve garlic bread sticks with a nice soup, you can even serve bread sticks with pizza. Baking breads at home is my obsession and I am always on look out for easy bread recipes, so far calzones, instant veg pizza,grilled pizza are few recipes from my blog that were well received both at my home and readers. Do check and try them out too 🙂
Here is how to make garlic bread sticks at home easily 🙂
Garlic bread sticks recipe with step by step photos.
1. Dissolve 1/2 tablespoon sugar in 1/2 cup luke warm water. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon dry yeast to it and set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Once the yeast is activated add 1 1/4 cup maida/flour, salt, dried herbs to it. Add oil and mix well, start kneading. Knead to a soft and pliable dough. Set aside for 1.5 hours.
3. Melt 25 grams butter. Add crushed garlic cloves, chilli flakes and dried herbs. Add a pinch of salt if using unsalted butter.Mix well.
4. Take the leavened dough and punch lightly. Roll into a 8″ disc, not very thin, slightly thicker than a pizza base.
5. Brush the prepared garlic butter all over the rolled dough. Now top with sweet corn kernels if using, else top with grated cheese. Sprinkle some chilli flakes, dried herbs and let it sit for 15 minutes. By this preheat oven to 180C.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until the cheese melts and top turns golden.
7. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, slice into fingers or squares and serve garlic bread sticks hot with soup.
Garlic bread sticks recipe card below:
Garlic bread sticks recipe, how to make garlic bread sticks
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup +3 tablespoons luke warm water
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup sweet corn kernels optional
- For garlic butter
- 25 grams butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic peeled and well crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- dried herbs
- Dissolve sugar in 1/2 cup water. Sprinkle yeast and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Add flour,salt,oil,herbs to the yeast water. Mix well and knead to a soft dough. Set aside for 1.5 hours.
- Melt butter and all the ingredients for garlic butter. Mix well and set aside.
- Take the leavened dough and knead slightly. Roll into 8" disc, thicker than pizza.
- Apply garlic butter all over the disc and top with sweet corn kernels and melted cheese. Add chilli flakes, dried herbs. let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 180C. Bake the prepared dough in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, slice and serve garlic bread sticks hot.
2.Check the bread after 12 minutes. Some cheese will not melt but the bread will be burnt at the bottom. So be sure to check.