Last updated on May 1st, 2018
Indian vegetarian diet plan week 2. This is the Indian vegetarian diet menu for week two . I got many encouraging feedback from readers for my Indian vegetarian diet plan week 1 and many of you asked for another plan. So here it is.
I am reiterating few points from week 1 before going to the menu.
I consulted with my sister’s friend who is a trained nutritionist. She is an expert in nutrition and dietetics and she suggested my some basic pointers to keep in mind for a healthy and well balanced diet. What I am sharing here is no fad diet plan and may not suit for every one. I am just sharing my knowledge here and exercise caution before adapting any changes in your diet and life style.
Few pointers for weight loss and managing weight as suggested by nutritionist:
1. Well balanced diet not less 1200 calories per day. The calories should come from energy and nutrient dense foods rather than empty carbs and junk foods. Practice portion control and chew the food thoroughly.
2. Avoid white sugar as far as possible.
3. Good deep sleep for 7-8 hours
4. Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
5. 20-30 minutes brisk walk and 15 minutes of yoga.
6. Keep in mind about your food allergies and medical histories and consult a trained nutritionist for special diet plan if needed.
7. Try to reduce deep fried foods, milk sweets, sugary foods and have them rarely. Try to include healthy fat like ghee, sesame oil in moderation in your diet.
I reiterate again, this is just a sample diet plan and may not suit for people with food allergies, special dietary requirements like postpartum, thyroid etc. Follow any diet after thorough understanding and at your own will. This is a balanced menu when followed with some physical activity regime may help in weight loss or managing weight.
This is a vegetarian Indian diet plan for a week and I have framed it based on the expert’s advice.
[table id=12 /]