Last updated on June 12th, 2019
Macaroni hot pot recipe with step by step photos. Sharing here an easy after school snack recipe with macaroni, cheese and crunchy bits of veggies. Macaroni hot pot is an easy pasta recipe that gets ready in 20 minutes. All kids and toddlers love pasta and when made at home you have the control over ingredients and pasta recipes can be made healthy as well by adding more veggies and controlling the portion of cheese as required. Macaroni hot pot is a delicious baked pasta recipe with mac, bell peppers,baked beans or sweet corn and grated cheese. Though this is a very simple to make pasta recipe, it is a very tasty and comforting dish to have for either dinner or you can even serve this as after school snack. This macaroni hot pot tastes great even at room temperature, you can pack this as snack for toddlers and kids too.
Macaroni hot pot recipe I am sharing here uses sweet corn kernels instead of baked beans and I have skipped tomato ketchup that was mentioned in the original recipe. I have used different colored bell peppers but you can use whatever you have on hand. It is best to use butter for sauteing the onions and bell peppers, but if you should you can use olive oil. Do not use sunflower oil or any other oil here as the taste will change. The quantity of cheese is your choice.
Do try this easy macaroni hot pot recipe and let me know how you liked it with a picture 🙂
Step by step macaroni hotpot recipe:
1. Boil plenty of water in a pan and add 3/4 cup macaroni or elbow pasta along with sweet corm kernels to it. Let the pasta cook till soft in the mean time corn kernels will also get cooked.
2. Drain the cooked pasta and corn kernels and set aside.
3. Chop the onions,bell peppers into strips or rounds. Chop the tomato very finely. Preheat oven to 210C
4. Heat a pan and butter to it. once the butter melts add the onion and bell pepper slices. Saute till nice aroma wafts out and onion slightly changes color. Remove few fried onion and pepper pieces to a small plate and set aside.
5. Add the chopped tomato to the pan and saute well till it turn mushy and leaves water.
6. Add the cooked pasta and corn,mix well.
7. Add salt, pepper powder and oregano. Mix well ans with off the flame.
8. Grease a deep oven proof dish and add the cooked pasta mixture to it.
9. Arrange the reserved onion and pepper strips and cover with grated cheese.
10. Bake in the hot oven for 10-12 minutes, till the cheese melts and turns golden on the top. Serve macaroni hotpot hot or warm. You can even pack it in tiffin after it cools slightly.
Macaroni hot pot recipe card below:
Macaroni hot pot recipe | Easy mac and cheese with veggies
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow pasta
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels.
- 1/2 cup bell peppers cut into strips
- 1 onion cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Cook pasta and sweet corn kernels,drain and set aside.
- Heat butter in a pan and fry onions and bell peppers. Reserve few pieces for garnish.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add the pasta and corn kernels. Mix well. Turn off the flame.
- Transfer the cooked pasta mixture to a oven proof dish.
- Add the reserved fried onions and bell pepper on the top.
- Now spread the grated cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes at 210C. Serve hot.
2 You can use olive oil instead of butter.