Last updated on January 30th, 2019
Other ingredients for medhu vadai recipe
Tips to make a perfect medhu vadai/ulundu vadai.
How To Make Medhu Vadai Recipe Step by Step
Medhu Vadai Recipe
- 1 cup husked black gram/ ulutham paruppu/ urad dal
- 1 teaspoon pigeon peas/ thuvaram paruppu/ toor dal.
- 2 teaspoons rice flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 2-3 green chilies chopped
- 10-12 curry leaves torn
- 1/8 cup water for grinding
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak both dals in enough water for 2-3 hours.
- Drain and grind to a very fluffy, light and smooth batter with just 1/8 cup water.
- Mix salt,rice flour to the batter and mix well.
- Add green chilies, curry leaves and chopped cabbage to the batter.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Wet your palm and take some batter. Shape it like a ball and make a hole in the center with the thumb. Slide the shaped vada into the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown. Repeat the same with the remaining water.
- Serve medhu vadai with chutney or sambar.
1. You can use moong dal instead of toor dal.
2. Ensure there is enough oil for deep frying. else the vadai will turn flat.