Methi paneer recipe with step by step photos- Healthy easy paneer recipe made with fresh fenugreek leaves or methi leaves. This delicious paneer curry is a side dish for roti, naan, jeera rice, paratha, veg pulao, coconut milk pulao.
This methi paneer recipe is easy no grind version. There are various ways to prepare methi paneer. For a restaurant style gravy recipe please do the following changes to the recipe.
- Instead of chopped tomatoes add thick tomato puree
- Make a smooth paste of 6-7 whole cashews with 2 tablespoons milk. Add along with tomato puree
- Add 1/4 cup fresh cream in the final step.
Home style or rich and creamy, this methi paneer will taste delicious either ways. Few more easy paneer recipes from the blog are paneer curry in 10 minutes, paneer bhurji, paneer jalfrezi recipes.
There is a very slight hint of bitterness in this recipe which we like at our home. I do not recommend squeezing off water from methi leaves to remove bitterness. The slight bitterness in methi leaves is very healthy for us. squeezing off excess water would also remove nutrition. Methi leaves are very healthy and widely used in Indian cuisine. few tasty methi recipes shared in the blog are methi muthiya, methi poori, methi paratha, methi matar malai, methi dal, methi pulao , aloo methi recipes.
Methi paneer tastes good with phulka, rice, roti. Serve hot or warm.
If you are looking for more paneer recipes do check paneer lababdar, paneer burji, palak paneer, paneer korma
methi paneer recipe card below:
Methi paneer recipe, how to make methi paneer masala recipe
- 2 cups methi leaves tightly packed
- 200 grams paneer cubed
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 to tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1-2 tablespoon oil
- Pluck and wash the methi leaves thoroughly. If using tender leaves no need to chop.
- heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and temper. Add crushed ginger garlic and fry well. Add green chilies and saute well.
- Add chopped onions and fry till color changes slightly.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute well. Cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add washed and drained methi leaves.
- Saute well for few minutes.
- Add spice powders and mi well. Season with salt.
- Saute and cook till methi leaves are cooked well.
- Add the methi cubes and toss well.
- Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from flame. Add lemon juice and mi well. Serve methi paneer hot.
2. You can use whole spices instead of garam masala
How to make methi paneer recipe
1. Pluck and wash the methi leaves thoroughly. If using tender leaves no need to chop.
2. heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and temper. Add crushed ginger garlic and fry well. Add green chilies and saute well.
3. Add chopped onions and fry till color changes slightly.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and saute well. Cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
5. Add washed and drained methi leaves.
6. Saute well for few minutes.
7. Add spice powders and mix well. Season with salt.
8. Saute and cook till methi leaves are cooked well.
9. Add the methi cubes and toss well.
10. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from flame. Add lemon juice and mi well. Serve methi paneer hot.
Vegans can use tofu cubes instead of dairy paneer.