Last updated on April 1st, 2018
Poha cutlet recipe with step by step photos. Poha cutlet recipe is an easy to make all time favorite snack of mine. Poha is one of my favorite ingredients that I largely depend up on for quick cooking.This poha cutlet recipe will be a great breakfast for toddlers and kids. Poha is a very healthy ingredient and a must for toddlers and kids.
This poha cutlet recipe will be a nice tea time snack for adults too. I grew up eating these poha cutlets. I think mom got this recipe from a magazine years back and I got the recipe from her.What I like the most about this cutlet is the addition of peanuts,they add such a wonderful nutty taste. Addition of peanuts also makes the cutlet absorb less oil.
This is a vegan,no onion garlic poha cutlet recipe suitable for festivals too. This poha cutlet is not something like what you get in restaurants,though these are crispy at edges,these cutlets are somewhat soft and best eaten immediately. You can choose to deep fry them if you wish. I always shallow fry these poha cutlet.
To make poha cutlet recipe use thick or mediun thick poha. Potatoes are the binding agent here. As I said above peanuts add a nice crunch and texture to these poha cutlets. For seasoning I have added amchur powder, cumin powder. You can change the seasoning as per your taste.
How to make poha cutlet recipe
1.Wash poha and sprinkle 4 tablespoons water over it. Mix well and keep aside for five minutes. Squeeze out the water. Boil and peel the potatoes. Mash well.
2.Slightly roast the peanuts in a hot kadai and grind coarsely.
3.Mix the squeezed aval,potatoes, peanut powder well.
4.Add salt,turmeric powder,amchoor powder,pepper powder,cumin powder and chaat masala.Mix well without adding any water.
5.Pinch 6-7 even equal sized balls and roll over the bread crumb to coat the ball completely.
6.Heat oil in a shallow fry pan,and shallow fry the cutlets till golden from both sides.Serve poha cutlet hot.
Poha cutlet recipe card below
Aval cutlet recipe | Poha cutlet recipe
- 3/4 cup aval/poha/beaten rice
- 1 large potato
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/2 teaspoon amchoor/dry mango
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- Oil for shallow frying
- Wash poha and sprinkle 1/8 cup water over it.Mix and keep for 2-3 minutes.Squeeze the water and set aside.Boil,peel and mash the potatoes.
- Slightly roast the peanuts in a hot kadai and grind coarsely.
- Mix the squeezed aval,potatoes, peanut powder well.
- Add salt,turmeric powder,amchoor powder,pepper powder,cumin powder and chaat masala.Mix well without adding any water.
- Pinch 6-7 even equal sized balls and roll over the bread crumb to coat the ball completely.
- Heat oil in a shallow fry pan,and shallow fry the cutlets till golden from both sides.Serve hot
2.If you want crispy cutlets,refrigerate after shaping for 30 minutes.