Last updated on January 29th, 2018
small potato fry recipe below:
- 20 baby potatoes preferably of same size
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Pick same sized baby potatoes and wash them.Pressure cook the potatoes until tey are boiled yet firm.I generally pressure cook for up to 2 whistles
- Once the pressure is released,peel the potatoes and drain the water completely.Pat dry in a kitchen towel.Using a tooth pick or small fork prick each potato in 2-3 places
- Heat a kadai and add 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil.Once the oil is ot temper with mustard,urad and curry leaves.Add asafoetida and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chilli powder,turmeric powder and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Now gently add the boiled potatoes and mix gently.Lower the flame and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add salt,remaining oil and mix well.Cook till the potatoes turn golden sauteing every now and then.Once done,remove from flame and serve hot with rice,kuzambu
1.If you want to cook faster you may add 1-2 teaspoons rice/corn flour after sauteing the potatoes for 5 minutes
2.Selecting same sized potatoes elps in even,fast cooking.
3.Adding chilli powder and turmeric powder directly to the oil enhances the flavor greatly.