Last updated on May 13th, 2019
Sprouts masala curry recipe with step by step photos. When I blogged how to make sprouts at home, I had few requests for sharing some Indian sprouts recipes. Sprouts masala curry recipe is an easy side dish for roti that you can make with homemade sprouts or even use store bought sprouts.
This is a very very easy Indian sprouts recipes that gets ready in just 20 minutes. The ingredients that go in the making of sprouts masala curry recipe are very simple and basic. Pressure cooked sprouts are simmered in a tomato onion masala.
This is a recipe for mixed beans sprouts masala and hence I have used pressure cooked sprouts. If you want to make sprouts masala with moong beans alone you need not pressure cook it. I make sprouts at home once a week and use in various recipes. Sprouted beans are very healthy and easy to digest compared to normal beans due to high oxygen content. For this reason sprouted beans are very good for toddlers and kids too. Few easy sprouts recipe I make are sprouts sandwich,sprouts pualo,sprouts salad. Apart from these recipes you can use sprouted beans in many recipes that calls for beans. You can make sundal with sprouts,very healthy evening snack for toddlers and kids. You can add a handful of sprouted beans in any vegetable dish you are making to boost the nutrition.
Sprouts masala curry recipe can be served as side dish for naan,roti, jeera rice,you can also serve this along with pao as bhaji, bread toast etc. You can even add some crushed papdi, sev etc and onion slices to this curry and serve as quick chaat.
step by step sprouts masala curry recipe
1. To begin with making sprouts masala curry recipe, rinse the sprouted beans once or twice and pressure cook with just enough water until cooked.
2. In the mean time we can prepare the masala. Heat 2-3 teaspoons of oil in a pan and add cumin seeds to it. once it crackles add the chopped ginger and green chillies. saute for 1-2 minutes.
3.Add finely chopped onions and saute for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add finely chopped tomatoes and mix well.
5. Add turmeric powder, garam masala powder,coriander powder and mix well. saute till the tomatoes turn mushy and raw smell of masala powders go off.
6. Now add the cooked sprouts along with water. Add salt and cook till the curry thickens to desired consistency.
7. Remove from flame, add lemon juice and finely chopped onions. Serve sprouts masala curry hot with rice,roti or pav.
Sprouts masala curry recipe details below:
Sprouts masala curry recipe,how to make sprouts masala |Indian sprouts recipes
- 1 cup sprouted mixed beans
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon finely sliced onions
- 1 large tomato chopped fine
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- Pressure cook sprouted beans with just enough water. Once cooked set aside. No not drain the water.
- heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let crackle.
- Add ginger and green chillies. Saute for 1- minutes.
- Add sliced onions and saute till color changes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and saute well.
- Add garam masala,turmeric powder and coriander powder. Saute well till the tomato turns mushy.
- Add the cooked sprouted beans along with water to the pan and add salt.
- Cook well till the curry thickens. Add lemon juice and garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon chopped onions Serve sprouts masala curry with roti.
2. Adding raw onions for garnish is optional but it adds to the taste and flavor.
3.Instead of lemon juice you can add amchur.
4. You can use any beans of your choice for sprouting.