This is a simple and easy Indian curry recipe prepared with sweet corn and a freshly made masala paste. The spicy masala compliments the taste and flavor of sweet corn very well in this recipe.
You can prepare a sweet corn curry recipe in many ways. The one I am sharing here is a semi dry version. You can also make dry corn curry and gravy too.
Variations with sweet corn curry recipe.
- You can make rich and creamy curry with sweet corns by adding fresh cream towards the end.
- To make the curry even richer just add some cashews in the masala paste.
- You can add some chopped baby corns for crunch in this recipe.
- To make this Punjabi style you can add a tomato in the masala pasts
For making best sweet corn curry use fresh and plump sweet corn kernels. I have added some bell pepper in this recipe. You can also use green bell pepper also.
More curry and sabzi recipes:
Also you might like to check Indian flat bread recipes collection.
Sweet Corn Curry Recipe Card Below:
Sweet Corn Curry Recipe | Sweet Corn Masala Recipe
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 1 onion large, cubed
- 2 tomatoes
- 6 cashews
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 green chilies
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
For sweet corn curry
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned under masala to a smooth paste.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add a pinch of salt and 1/4 teaspoon sugar to it.Cook the sweet corn kernels in boiling water for 3-4 minutes,drain and set aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Add bay leaf and saute.
- Next ,add the ground onion masala and saute well till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add 3/4 water and cook for 10-12 minutes
- Add the boiled sweet corn kernels,salt and cook till the gravy thickens. It may take round 5-7 minutes.
- Finally add crushed kasuri methi,remove from flame and serve hot.