Last updated on April 30th, 2020
Vanilla chia pudding recipe with coconut milk, vanilla and seasonal fruits. This is a basic pudding recipe is a with just 2 main ingredients. You can make this for breakfast or snack well ahead as it stays good in fridge. week. Top with your favorite berries, nuts, or even granola for a healthy chia breakfast pudding that is as delicious! Vegan gluten free and kid friendly recipe!
Chia seeds are wonderful power house of nutrition and blends well with all fruits as they are basically tasteless. In this pudding recipe chia seeds add volume and texture to the pudding along with providing nutrition. If you are beginner with chia seeds then this pudding recipe is the best place to start. You can also add chia seeds in porridge, smoothies etc.
Chia pudding can be made in so many ways. Basically it is a no cook no grind pudding recipe that you need only some 5 minutes to prepare. Usually overnight soaking is recommended for this pudding but you can serve after 3 hours also.
Tips For Best Chia Pudding
- You can make this pudding as thick or runny as you prefer. as the pudding cools it tends to thicken and turn dry. So it is important to maintain correct ratio of milk to chia seeds.
- I like to use 3 tablespoons of chia seeds for 1 cup of milk. You can add 2 tablespoons of chia seeds for slightly runny pudding.
- In this recipe I have used a mix of coconut milk and dairy milk. You easily use just coconut milk, almond milk, soy milk, oat milk also.
- I have used raw cane sugar as sweetener. Honey, maple syrup can also be used.
- After adding chia seeds to the milk, make sure to give a thorough mix. Rest for 2-3 minutes and then stir again. This is to ensure there are no lumps in the pudding.
There are so many ways you can flavor this pudding. Also you can vary the toppings to keep it interesting.
Chia Pudding Flavor Ideas
- Instead of vanilla you can use a dash of cinnamon.
- You can add a mashed banana to this pudding for more creamy texture.
- For making chocolate chia pudding just add 1 tablespoon cocoa powder or cacao powder to the milk and whisk well. Proceed with the recipe by adding chia seeds, sweetener.
- For toppings you can use fresh seasonal fruits, dried berries, currants, toasted nuts, coconut flakes etc.
Chia pudding recipe is best breakfast option during busy days. You can actually make this the previous night and refrigerate. It is a very healthy and delicious breakfast rich in proteins and fiber. Also you can totally control the quantity of sweetener in this pudding.
Serve chia seeds pudding chilled as breakfast or snack. The recipe can be doubled or tripled. I actually made three servings.
Chia Pudding With Almond Milk
To make almond milk chia pudding just replace dairy milk with almond milk. Use chilled almond milk for best results. To make creamier pudding use thick and creamy almond milk.
Chocolate Chia Pudding
To make chocolate flavored pudding just mix 2 tablespoons of cacao powder in the milk. You can also top your pudding with grated dark chocolate.
How Long Does Chia Pudding Last?
You can store the prepared pudding in refrigerator for 5-6 days. Store in airtight individual jars so that it is easy for you to serve and eat. You can prepare a batch on weekend and it will see you through the week.
Can We Eat This Pudding Warm?
To make warm chia pudding here are the brief instructions. Soak chia seeds in water for 2-3 hours to bloom. Boil te milk with sugar and cool for few minutes. Add the chia seeds and mix well. Serve warm with desired toppings.
How To Make Chia Pudding Step by Step
1. Into a mixing bowl, add milk of choice. (Boiled and cooled dairy milk or coconut milk or almond milk)
2. To the sprinkle chia seeds and mix well.
3. Add sweetener, vanilla and mix. Rest for 3-4 minutes. Mix again to ensure there are no lumps. Chill this mixture until serving.
4. First of all add some chopped mangoes and cherries in a serving glass.
5. Now divide and pour the prepared chia milk among the glasses.
6. Top with more cherries, mangoes and toasted almond slivers. Serve immediately.
Vanilla Chia Pudding Recipe
Vanilla Chia Pudding Recipe
- 9 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 cups milk coconut, dairy, almond or oat milk
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar or honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped mangoes
- 1/2 cup cherries pitted
- Into a mixing bowl, add milk of choice. (Boiled and cooled dairy milk or coconut milk or almond milk)
- To the sprinkle chia seeds and mix well.
- Add sweetener, vanilla and mix. Rest for 3-4 minutes. Mix again to ensure there are no lumps. Chill this mixture until serving.
- First of all add some chopped mangoes and cherries in a serving glass.
- Now divide and pour the prepared chia milk among the glasses.
- Top with more cherries, mangoes and toasted almond slivers. Serve immediately.