Last updated on March 7th, 2019
Weekly menu ideas with tips and tricks for this week. When I planned to post this planner, I was doubtful if it would be helpful but seeing the response I get from my readers, I am really happy that I started this series of weekly menu ideas. Actually this series has so much contribution from my readers too. I had a dear reader write to me asking to include some thogayal recipes in the menu. Another reader wanted to include roti, paratha etc. keeping all those in mind I have drafted this week’s weekly menu ideas. Please go through and let me know what you think
Weekly menu ideas 3
[table id=7 /]
Links to recipes
Tips to plan and cook this menu
1. Prepare the rice rava mixtue required for upma kozhukattai on sunday or Saturday. You can prepare this mixtue in bulk and store for 10 days and use for 2-3 times too.
2. Prepare the potato sev, corn flakes mixture, cookies on weekend and store well. You can even send store bought snack if you wish.
3. Prepare the batter for Monday’s dinner, Tuesday’s breakfast on Sunday
4. For aloo paratha you can make the dough before night. You can even boil and peel the potatoes before night and store in fridge.
General tips and tricks
You can chop veggies and store in separate zip lock bags if you are slow in chopping veggies in the mornings. If you have good food processor you can easily chop the veggies every morning.
2.Grate coconut and store in freezer. Use very clean and dry spoon to take coconut each time. return to freezer immediately.
3.Shell the peas, sweet corn, peel the baby corn etc and store in separate containers.
4. You can even make ginger garlic paste and store. I like to crush fresh ginger garlic in my cooking so I never store the paste. But I peel small onions needed for a week and store it. peeling small onions in the morning is a real daunting task.
5. You can make the chapathi dough the before night
6. Every Sunday I generally save this assorted veggie mix Carrots, beans, baby corns, green peas. I finely chop and mix all the veggies. Keep it in a clean box or zip lock and freeze. This mixed veggies can be used for fried rice, mixed veg pasta, mixed veg curry etc.
7. Make sure to shop for all the fruits, veggies, cheese required for making various recipes.
Please do write to me on how I can improve this planner , if you are specifically looking for certain menu or more. Thanks!