Veg cutlet recipe | vegetable cutlet recipe | Snacks recipes
Veg cutlet recipe with step by step photos. Easy to make simple, delicious veg cutlet to be served as evening snack with green chutney.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
For veg cutlet mixture:
- 2 big potatoes peeled
- 1 big carrot peeled
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 10-12 french beans
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 2 green chilies
- 1/2 inch peeled and minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
Other ingredients for veg cutlet
- 2 tablespoons corn flour or gram flour
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- Oil for shallow frying
preparing veg cutlet mixture:
Shaping and frying the veg cutlet
Add two tablespoons bread crumbs. Mix well and try shaping a cutlet. If the mixture is loose add one more tablespoon of bread crumbs. Divide the mixture in eight parts.
Shape the vegetable cutlet mixture into round or heart shaped using cookie cutter.
Mix corn flour or gram flour with water into a thin paste.
Dip the shaped cutlets one by one and roll over bread crumbs.
Heat oil for shallow frying. Place the cutlets and fry until golden brown from all sides. Drain in a kitchen towel and serve veg cutlet hot.
- Bread crumbs are used in veg cutlet recipes for making them crispy.
- Instead of bread crumbs you can use roasted and pulsed oats, rice flakes or panko crumbs. You can also use roasted semolina or rava.
- While mashing the veggies do not make them very pasty.
- You can make veg burgers using these cutlets as patty.
Serving: 8cutlets | Calories: 196kcal