Vegetable pizza recipe, easy step by step for making vegetarian pizza from scratch at home!
Servings: 1 pizza
Calories: 387 kcal
- For the dough:
- 1 1/2 + 1/4 cup all purpose flour/maida
- 1 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme and oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For topping:
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper cubed
- 1/2 yellow or red bell pepper cubed (optional)
- 2 baby corns sliced
- 1 small tomato seeds removed and cubed
- Grated mozzarella or pizza cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- salt dried basil and oregano
To make dough for veggie pizza:
Take 1/2 cup luke warm water in a bowl and add sugar to it.
Add dry yeast and let it ferment
Take all the other ingredients mentioned for dough except 1/2 cup water in a mixing bowl.
Add yeast water and mix well.
Add the remaining water and knead to a soft pliable dough. Let it rest for 1.5 hours
To assemble and bake pizza
Preheat oven at 220C
Punch back and slightly knead the raised pizza dough. Divide into 2 equal portions.
Take one portion on a dusted working surface and roll into a 8inch circle.
Transfer the rolled base into pizza plate. Prick with fork in many places.
Apply 3/4 olive oil on the base and spread well.
Apply pizza sauce and spread well. Add some grated cheese.
Arrange the vegetables. Sprinkle some dried herbs and salt.
Add more grated cheese and add few drops of olive oil
Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
Serve vegetable pizza sliced into wedges, hot.
1. Adding cheese after adding sauce is optional step. If you want to reduce the amount of cheese skip this step.
2. You can add any other herbs or even crushed garlic to the base.
3. Bake for 20 minutes only if you want a very crispy crust. Else 15 minutes should suffice.