no cook kara chutney recipe with pearl onions, coconut and red chilies
Calories: 77 kcal
- 10-15 peeled small onions
- 1/2 cup tightly packed grated coconut
- 4-6 dried kashmiri red chilies
- A small piece of tamarind
- 1/2 teaspoon jaggery
- Tempering optional
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal
Grind all the ingredients mentioned for chutney into a smooth paste with required water.
Heat oil until it starts to smoke.
Temper with mustard seeds and urad dal. Add to the chutney and mix well. Serve kara chutney dli or dosa.
1. Use sesame oil to cut down the heat
2. You can just heat the oil and add to the chutney leaving out mustard seeds