Veg kolhapuri recipe restaurant style | How to make veg kolhapuri recipe
veg kolhapuri recipe with step wise photos. Flavorful and spicy mixed vegetable curry from kolhapuri cuisine.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
For kolhapuri masala
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut or Kopra or fresh grated coconut.
- 1 big bay leaf
- 6-7 kashmiri dried red chilies or 3-4 lavangi chilies
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon methi seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 2-3 strands of mace
- A pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 small star anise
- 3 green cardamoms
- 1 black cardamom
For veg kolhapuri curry
- 2 cups peeled and cut mixed vegetables potatoes, carrots, beans, peas
- 1/2 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1 big onion sliced
- 2 to matoes finely chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 inch ginger peeled and crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Cilantro leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
To make kolhapuri masala powder:
Dry roast the spices and coconut until fragrant and golden.Cool and powder. Store in a dry clean container.
To make kolhapuri veg curry:
Peel and cut the vegetables into batons or cubes.
Steam or pressure cook the vegetables. Drain and set aside.
Heat a pan with 1 tablespoon oil.
Add chopped onions and saute for few minutes
Add ginger garlic and saute till the raw smell goes off.
Add the chopped bell pepper and saute for 2 minutes
Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder and saute will the tomatoes turn mushy.
Now add the drained vegetables and mix well.
Add about 2-3 tablespoons of prepared masala.
Mix very well.
Add 2 cups water and season with salt.
Simmer till the desired consistency is reached. This curry will be a bit thin as there are no cashews or cream.
Add chopped cilantro leaves and mix well.
Serve veg kolhapuri hot.