Chocolate banana cake recipe. A tasty treat that is healthy as well. Whole what flour vegan chocolate banana cake recipe
Servings: 1 6 inch cake
Calories: 267 kcal
- 1 1/2 cups- 3 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup mashed bananas
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons choco chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or vinegar
Take the bananas in a mixing bowl. Mash it well with a fork. Preheat oven to 190C.
Add oil, sugar, water and lemon juice to the mashed bananas. Mix thoroughly.
Sift wheat flour and baking powder directly over the wet ingredients. Add cocoa powder Add a pinch of salt. Mix thoroughly.
Add chopped walnuts and chocolate chips. Fold gently.
Grease and dust a 6 or 7 inc cake tin. Pour the batter and tap well.
Bake in the hot oven for 30-40 minutes. Allow the cake to cool before slicing. Serve chocolate banana cake with coffee.
1. Every oven is different so the baking time may vary.
2. You can use chopped almonds instead of walnuts.