Aloo paneer paratha recipe with step by step photos. Healthy, filling and wholesome paratha recipe with tasty paneer potato filling.
Servings: 6 parathas
Calories: 246 kcal
- For paratha
- 1 1/4 cup wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon oil
- For filling
- 2 medium sized potatoes boiled and peeled
- 1/2 cup paneer crumbled
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 green chilies crushed
- A small piece of ginger crushed
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon amchur
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Butter for frying parathas
Take wheat flour, oil and salt in a mixing bowl. Add water slowly and mix well. Knead well and make a soft dough. Rest the dough for 30 minutes.
Boil, peel and mash the potatoes roughly. Add crushed ginger green chili and crumbled paneer. Mix well.
Add garam masala, kasuri methi, salt, amchur and mix well. The filling is ready. Divide the filling into 6-7 equal sized small balls.
Divide the dough into 6-7 equal sized balls.
Roll a ball into a small thick circle. Place a filling ball and close from all sides.
Dust with flour and roll into thick paratha.
Fry the rolled paratha on a cast iron skillet or tawa with butter. Fry till the paratha turns golden brown and edges turn crispy. Serve aloo paneer paratha hot with curd.
1. You can increase the amount of paneer as per taste
2. If butter is not available use ghee to fry the parathas