Carrot halwa recipe - aclassic and traditional Indian sweet recipe gajar halwa made easily in 15 minutes.
Cuisine: Indian, north indian
Servings: 4 people
Calories: 200 kcal
- 2 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/4 can or 100 grams sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup milk boiled
- 1/4 cup broken cashew almond and raisiins.
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Few saffron strands
Wash peel and grate the carrots.
Heat a thick pan and add ghee to it. Add the nuts and raisins to the ghee and fry till they turn golden. Remove the nuts from the pan and let the ghee remain in the pan itself.
Now add the grated carrots to the ghee and saute for few minutes.
Add boiled milk and cook for 5-6 minutes.
Add the condensed milk and stir very well.
Cook in low flame for 10-12 minutes until all the condensed milk dries up.
Add the nuts,mix well and serve carrot halwa hot or chilled
1. Grating the carrots is important for nice texture.
2. You can add grated nutmeg along with cardamom