Double beans methi pulao recipe is an easy lunch box recipe with fresh double beans,methi leaves and basmati rice. Mildly spiced flavorful one pot meal!
Calories: 356 kcal
- 1 1/2 cups basmati/raw rice
- 3/4 cup fresh shelled double beans
- 2 small bunches of methi leaves
- 2 baby corns chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 1 to mato chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed/paste ginger
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 teaspoons oil
Soak basmati rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain the ater completely,rinse and pressure cook the rice. The rice should be cooked yet grains separate. Pressure cook the shelled double beans also in the same cooker along with rice. Once done,drain the water and set aside.
Heat oil in a kadai and temper with cumin seeds and mustard. Add the slit green chillies,crushed ginger and saute well. Add the chopped cilantro,washed methi leaves and saute for 3-4 minutes,till the methi leaves wilt.
Add the sliced onions and saute till they turn translucent (3-5 minutes). Add the chopped tomatoes and mix well,cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the chopped bell pepper,baby corn and mix well.
Add the drianed double beans,mix well and add salt,turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix well and saute well till all the veggies are cooked.
Add the cooked rice,2 teaspoons oil/ghee and mix gently without breaking the rice.
Serve double beans methi pulao hot with raita/chips etc.
1. You can use ghee instead of oil for more flavorful rice.
2. Instead of tomato you can use 2 tablespoons curd while sauteing the veggies.
3. You can garlic along with ginger
4. If using raw rice instead of basmati,add 2-3 drops of oil while cooking to prevent grains from sticking.