Aloo Matar Masala Recipe
Aloo matar masala is a delicious Indian style potatoes and peas curry in tomato masala. Serve with hot rice or flat bread.
- 200 grams potatoes
- 100 grams peas
- 2 big tomatoes pureed
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 green chilies slit
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger-garlic or ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
Preparation For Aloo Matar
boil, peel and break the potatoes into big chunks. Also boiled shelled green peas.
Puree 2 large tomatoes and keep at ready.
Making Aloo Matar
Heat a thick pan with 2 tablespoons oil. temper with cumin seeds and slit green chili.
Add the chopped onions and saute well. Next add ginger garlic and saute
Now add the tomato puree and mix well. Add chili powder and turmeric powder. Saute well till the tomatoes are well cooked and turns mushy.
Add the cooked peas and potatoes, mix well and season with salt.
Add required water to adjust consistency. Simmer aloo mutter for 5-6 minutes. Add cilantro leaves and lemon juice. Mix well and serve aloo matar hot.
- Do not mash the potatoes for this curry. Peel and break into large chunks.
- You can add more water and simmer for aloo matar gravy
- You can double the recipe of aloo mutter