Brinjal Fry Recipe
Brinjal fry recipe is a delicious and easy to make vegan, gluten free side dish with eggplants. This Indian brinjal fry tastes best with rice.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 250 grams eggplants
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons urad dal
- 2 teaspoons chana dal
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
Rinse and wipe the brinjals gently. Chop them into big cubes and place in salted water until use.
heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan. Temper with mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal. Also add peanuts and fry till the lentils turn golden.
Drain water from chopped eggplants and add to the tempered ingredients. Saute and mix well.
Season with salt, turmeric powder and chili powder. Mix well.
Cook in medium flame, keeping the pan open for 12-15 minutes.
The eggplants should get cooked well and dry. Once done, remove from flame and serve with rice.
- Use fresh and tender eggplants for best results. Some eggplants tend to have worms and insects, be sure to check and discard if any.
- Keeping the chopped eggplants in salted water helps in preventing oxidation.
- You can vary the quantity of spices as per taste
- Yo can double or halve the recipe.
Serving: 3people | Calories: 114kcal