Ragi Ladoo (Nachni Ladoo)
Ragi ladoo is a delicious, flavorful and highly nutritious snack or dessert with sprouted finger millet flour. You can make this delicious sweet with just 3 main ingredients and 15 minutes. Perfect for kids after school snack or when you need to make a sweet quickly. This recipe of ragi ladoo I am sharing here will give you the perfect non sticky and flavorful ladoos. This is my kid’s favorite sweet and I make it very often. Here is how to make best ragi ladoo.
- 2 teaspoons ghee for roasting nuts and ragi flour
- 1/8 cup chopped nuts like cashews, almonds
- 2 tablespoons raisins dried grapes
- 1.5 cups finger millet or ragi flour preferably sprouted flour
- 3/4 cup sugar powdered
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- few saffron strands
- 1/4 cup ghee depending on the quality of flour you may need two tablespoons more.
heat 2 teaspoons ghee in a pan. Add chopped nuts and raisins. Fry till golden. Set aside.
To the same ghee add ragi flour and start roasting. Roast in medium flame for 12-14 minutes or until a nutty aroma wafts out. If you taste a bit, the flour should be crispy and non sticky. Once done, switch off the flame.
In the mean time powder 1/2 cup sugar.
Now take roasted flour, powdered sugar and fried nuts in a wide bowl. Add 1/4 cup ghee. It will melt as the flour is hot.
Mix well and the mixture should be a bit wet and greasy.
Apply some ghee in your palms and make ladoo. I use a tablespoon to scoop out the mixture for uniform size.
Once done, let it dry a bit and then store in airtight container. Serve ragi ladoo as snack or dessert.
- If you are using jaggery you can reduce ghee by 2 tablespoons as jaggery will help in binding.
- You can double or halve the recipe
- Ragi ladoo keeps well for around a week at room temperature.
Serving: 15g | Calories: 179kcal