Dry Fruits Laddu
Dry fruits laddu is an easy sweet recipe for festivals like Ganesh Chaturti, Diwali, holi. You can make these super quick laddu with dry fruits in 15 minutes. You just need to soak dates and fig 30 minutes beforehand. Without any oil, ghee or butter and refined sugar these dry fruit laddu are energy dense and rich healthy sweet for toddlers and kids. Also these are one of the best edible gifts that you can give in pretty packing this festival season. Here is how to make best dry fruit laddu easily at home
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Servings: 30 ladoos
- 20 dried dates
- 12 dried figs
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup phool makhana
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
Soak pitted dates and dried figs in warm water for 15 minutes.
In the mean time dry roast phool makhana in a thick pan for 3-4 minutes. Remove to a plate.
In the same dry roast the nuts and raisins for another 4 minutes.
Add the roasted ingredients to a mixer jar and powder coarsely.
Drain the water from soaked dry fruits and grind to a fine paste.
Take the nuts powder and dry fruits paste in a bowl.
Add cardamom powder and dry ginger powder.
Mix very well. Do not add any water or milk. The dry fruits are more than enough for binding.
Using a tablespoon scoop out portions and shape into small balls or laddus.
Spread the shaped laddus on a plate and let sit for 15 minutes.
Store in airtight containers and serve dry fruit laddu as required. You can even warp them in chocolate paper or muffin liner as in this maladdu recipe.
- You can easily change the proportion of ingredients in this recipe. Dried dates and figs are for binding so do not increase or decrease them drastically.
- You can leave out figs and just use dates. use around 30 dates.
- The recipe can be doubled or halved.
- Using a tablespoon to scoop out portions yields uniform sized laddus that look good while gifting.
- These dry fruit laddu stays good for around a week at room temperature or for 15 days in refrigerator.
Serving: 30ladoos | Calories: 124kcal