Paneer Pizza Recipe
Paneer pizza recipe- a very easy to make delicious and rich pizza with spicy paneer topping and whole wheat base. If you love to try different pizzas, you should totally try out this spicy paneer pizza today. With a crispy and flavorful wheat flour crust, homemade sauce, spicy marinated panner topping this pizza is a true delight. Here is how to make best paneer pizza recipe.
Prep Time1 hr 30 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Servings: 2 8 inch pizzas
For making paneer pizza dough
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curd or sour cream
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes optional
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs optional
For seasoned paneer
- 1/2 cup cubed paneer
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs
- pinch of salt
Other toppings and ingredients for paneer pizza
- 1/2 cup cubed onions, bell peppers, baby corns and tomatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated or bits
- pizza seasoning as needed
- chili flakes as needed
Making paneer pizza dough
Combine 2 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast and 1/2 cup luke warm water in a small bowl. Mix very well. It will froth a little.
Now add yeast water, wheat flour, dried herbs, minced garlic, chili flakes, olive oil in wide bowl. Mix very well.
Add as little water as required and make a smooth dough. Knead well for 12-15 minutes and make a soft, supple dough.
Cover and let the dough raise for 60-90 minutes.
Preparing sauce & toppings
Make pizza sauce and keep it ready. You can also use any good quality store bought sauce.
Blanch baby corn in salted water for 5 minutes. Cut into cubes.
Rinse and cut bell peppers, onions and tomatoes into cubes.
Chop paneer into bite sized cubes and take in a mixing bowl. Add a pinch of salt, chili flakes and mixed herbs. Mix well and set aside for 15 minutes. You can do all this prep work while the dough is raising.
Assembling and baking paneer pizza.
Preheat oven at 200 C or 400 F.
Take leavened dough and knead it again for a minute.
Grease two 8″or 9″ pizza pans well with olive oil and sprinkle some wheat flour all over.
Divide the dough into two equal parts. Place a dough ball in the greased tray and spread into a round. I usually hand toss the dough as it is easy fir me. Alternately you can roll the dough a board with rolling pin and gently transfer to the greased pizza pan
Now spread required amount of sauce.
Place cheese bits all over as seen.
Next arrange the marinated paneer cubes.
Also arrange the veggies and add more cheese as required. Add pizza seasoning and bake in the hot oven for 18-22 minutes.
Once done, slice and serve paneer pizza warm or hot.
- You can use completely whole wheat flour or plain flour or mix of both.
- Use any different sauce like pesto or bell pepper sauce in place of pizza sauce if you prefer. You can even use white sauce.
- Keep a watch after 18 minutes to prevent burnt base.
- Vegans can use tofu instead of paneer and vegan mozzarella cheese.
Serving: 28 inch pizza | Calories: 679kcal