White Sauce Pasta (Bechamel Sauce Pasta)
White sauce pasta or pasta in béchamel sauce is one of our most favorite pasta recipes at home. Wonderfully rich and creamy with perfectly seasoned sauce, this pasta spells comfort in every bite. I always add some vegetables to make it hearty. Tastes delicious served piping hot and perfect dish in a continental meal.
- 1.25 cups pasta I used penne
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped fine
- 1/3 cup sweet corn kernels boiled
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped fine
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped fine
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
For white sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk boiled and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano or basil or thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
Boil the pasta until al dente and set aside.
Heat 1/2 tablespoon butter in a pan and saute the chopped vegetables. Remove to a plate.
Add 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in the same pan and add maida/flour. Whisk very well.
Add boiled milk and mix well. Whisk very well in low flame to avoid lumps.
Once the sauce starts to thicken, add salt, pepper powder, chilli flakes and dried herbs. Mix well.
Cook further in low flame till the sauce thickens and turns smooth.
Add sauteed veggies and mix well.
Add boiled pasta and mix well.
Serve white sauce pasta hot.
- While making the sauce for pasta, make sure there are no lumps. Cook in low flame to ensure there are no lumps.
- If you want to add cheese, you can add two tablespoons grated cheese while cooking the sauce.
- You can any dried herb or even mixed pasta spice instead of oregano.
Serving: 3servings | Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 133mg | Potassium: 350mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4727IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 1mg