Mango Lassi Recipe
Mango lassi is a traditional Indian beverage made with ripe mangoes, yogurt, sugar and a dash of cardamom, saffron.Thick, creamy and yummy, enjoy this quintessential Indian summer drink with king of fruits! All you need are three main ingredients, flavors and garnish of your choice to make this yummy soothing drink. Wanna avoid dairy? I have also included notes for making this mango lassi vegan, do check out!
- 1.5 cups mango pulp from 2 large sweet mangoes
- 2 cups yogurt use non dairy yogurt for vegan option
- 1/4 cups milk or fresh cream optional
- `3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- few saffron strands
Peel and chop the mangoes roughly. Add the mango cubes to a blender jar.
Add sugar to the chopped mangoes. Blend thoroughly.
Add yogurt, fresh cream or milk and blend well. Add cardamom powder or crushed cardamom pods and blend again. You can also add few ice cubes but it will thin down the lassi.
Transfer lassi to a serving glass. Garnish with saffron strands. Serve immediately.
- Mangoes- use fresh ripe and sweet mangoes for best results. If fresh mangoes are not available use tinned pulp. Use less fibrous mangoes with smooth pulp.
- Sweetener- You can any sweetener of your choice instead of sugar. You can use coconut sugar, maple, honey etc.
- Consistency- The recipe as such yields thick mango lassi. You can use 1/2 cup milk or water to thin it down a bit. You can also ice cubes for the same purpose
- Vegan Option- Use dairy free yogurt and milk for vegan lassi.
- You can double or halve the recipe.
Serving: 3g | Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 111mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 45g | Vitamin A: 3027IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 234mg | Iron: 15mg