Tahiri recipe, vegetable tahiri recipe
Tahiri recipe, quick, easy to make delicious one pot rice dish loaded with vegetables, mixed vegetable tahiri recipe!
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 carrot
- 1 potato chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onions for fried onions
- 2 green chilies slit
- 2 teaspoon minced ginger-garlic
- 1/4 cup whisked curd
- 1/4 cup chopped mint and cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 black cardamom
- 2 green cardamoms
- 6-7 black peppercorns crushed
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 small cinnamon stick
wash, rinse and soak basmati rice in water for 1-2 hours. In the mean time heat oil for frying onions. Deep fry 3/4 cup finely chopped onions until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
Heat a heavy bottomed pan with 3 tablespoons oil. Add the whole spices and saute well till the aroma wafts out.
Add slit green chilies and minced ginger-garlic. Saute well till the raw smell of ginger garlic leaves.
Add finely chopped onions and saute well till the onions slightly change color.
Add cubed vegetables and mix well. Saute well for few minutes.
Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and chili powder. Mix well and saute well. Add chopped cilantro an mint leaves. Saute well.
Add whisked curd and mix well. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
Add drained rice and mix well.
Add 3 cups water and required salt. Mix well.
Close the lid and place a heavy object like mortar and pestle on top.
Cook in low flame for 20-25 minutes. Once done, fluff the rice with fork garnish with fried onions and serve tahiri hot.
- Adjust spice powder as per taste.
- Instead of whole spices you can add 1 teaspoon garam masala along with chili powder, but the flavor will vary.
- Cook in a heavy pot and in low flame to avoid burning the tahiri at the bottom. If your pot is not heavy, you can place it on a tava and cook.
Serving: 3servings | Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 84mg | Potassium: 118mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 74IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg