Vegetable jalfrezi recipe| veg jalfrezi recipe
Vegetable jalfrezi recipe, quick and easy no grind side dish with mixed vegetables. Popular restaurant style gravy for rotis!
- 2 1/2 cups baton cut vegetables carrot, bell peppers, beans, baby corns
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 green chilies slit
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kasuri methi
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3-4 teaspoons oil.
Heat a pan/kadai with 3 teaspoons oil. Add cumin seeds and let it crackle. Add minced ginger-garlic and slit green chilies. Saute well.
Add thinly sliced onions and saute well till the color changes slightly. Add finely chopped tomatoes and saute well till the tomatoes turn mushy.
Add tomato ketchup and saute very well till the oil starts to separate.
Add the cut vegetables and mix well. Saute for few minutes
Add salt, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Mix and saute till the raw smell of the spice powders go off.
Add about 1 1/2 cups of water, cover and cook in medium flame for 10-12 minutes. Once the vegetables are cooked and the gravy reaches the desired consistency, add chopped cilantro leaves and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Turn off the heat, add crushed kasuri methi and mix well. Serve vegetable jalfrezi hot with roti.
- Do not add too much water for cooking the vegetables.
- You can always add more water if needed after checking the consistency.
- Increase/decrease chilies and chili powder as per taste.
- You can add thin paneer slices to this and make veg-paneer jalfrezi too
Serving: 3g | Calories: 294kcal