Apple chutney recipe is that perfect condiment you can prepare to make apples last longer! With the best of season’s apples, few spices and some brown sugar this spiced apple chutney is so good that you will eat by spoonfuls. Here is how you can make easy apple chutney recipe (step by step)
Servings: 1 cup
- 2 cups chopped apples peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or lime juice or vinegar
Peel, core and finely chop the apples
Combine apples and sugar in a pan. Mix well and cook covered for 10-12 minutes in medium flame
Uncover, add salt, spice powders and lemon juice. Mix well and cook for 7-8 more minutes.
The chutney is done when it leaves the sides of pan and thickened well. Let cool and store in a clean dry jar. Serve apple chutney as required.