Pizza Crackers Recipe
Whole wheat pizza crackers- Looking for perfect holiday snack you can whip up in no time? Give this super crispy, flavorful and addictive crackers with pizza seasoning a try! I am sure you will be coming back for more, that’s what we did!
Servings: 36 crackers
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter cubed
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup plain flour can substitute with wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano or basil
- 1/2 tablespoon pizza seasoning
Preheat oven to 190 C / 350 F for 15 minutes.
Combine three tablespoons chilled cubed butter,1 1/4 cup wheat flour, 1/4 cup plain flour,in a bowl.
Add 1 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes, 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano, 1/2 tablespoon pizza seasoning and salt to taste. Slowly add chilled water and bring the dough together. Do not knead the dough hardly. Just work with your finger tips and bring the dough together.Transfer the entire baking sheet to a greased baking tray. This method is easier rather than trying to transfer each cut cracker into the baking tray. As we are not using baking powder the crackers will not expand.Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.Let the baked crackers cool thoroughly before storing. Store in airtight container and serve pizza crackers as required with tea.
Now mix well with your finger tips until the butter is well incorporated into the flours.
Cover the dough well and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Roll the dough gently into a circle of 1/4 inch thickness. Roll between butter papers for easy rolling.
Using a sharp knife make cut into diamonds or squares. Prick some holes using a tooth pick or skewer.
Transfer the baking sheet to a greased baking tray. Let the baked crackers cool thoroughly before storing. Store in airtight container and serve pizza crackers as required with tea.
Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the color changes slightly and crackers turn aromatic
Cool the crackers thoroughly. Store in airtight container and serve pizza crackers as required with tea.
- These crackers keep well for 7-10 days at room temperature. You can refrigerate for a month.
- You can easily double or triple the recipe.
Serve as snack with tea or coffee. You can pack this in kids snack box too.
- Use plain flour or wheat flour as required. Both flours are interchangeable in this recipe
- Vegans can use any vegan butter or olive oil