Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Roasted sweet potato salad- that perfect winter salad recipe you will make again and again and again 🙂 With season’s best sweet potatoes, carrots and corns, it also has your salad favorites like cucumber and tomatoes. For a little crunch there are some walnuts and flax seeds and everything doused in a humble yet delicious lemon dressing! What’s not to love? Here is how to make best ever roasted sweet potato salad recipe. Also it is vegan and gluten free!
- 1.5 cups cubed sweet potatoes about 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup cubed carrots optional
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
Other Ingredients For Salad
- 1/2 cup boiled sweet corn
- 1/4 cup cubed cucumbers
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey optional, skip if vegan
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- salt to taste
Roasting Sweet Potatoes
Preheat oven at 220 C or 440 F. Place the peeled and cubed sweet potatoes in a bowl. Add salt, sugar (helps in caramelizing ), red chili powder and 1 teaspoon olive oil. You can add also add cubed carrots if using.
Toss well and layer on a baking tray. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until crispy and done.
Making Sweet Potato Salad
Place chopped cucumbers and tomatoes in a bowl
Add boiled corn, roasted veggies, sliced green chilies, chopped walnuts, salt, roasted cumin and pepper powder. Finally drizzle lemon or lime juice. Toss well.
. Serve sweet potato salad immediately
- Serve this salad as soon as you make it as it will turn soggy.
- The recipe can be doubled or halved.
Serving: 3g | Calories: 245kcal