Apple Muffins (Eggless & Whole Wheat)
Apple muffins recipe made without eggs using whole wheat flour. A delicious, wholesome and filling egg free muffins with apples and some almonds for added crunch. Serve it warm with a touch of brown sugar with espresso or milk for breakfast or snack. Quick, delicious and easy one bowl bake with seasonal fruit. Here is how to make best wholewheat egg free apple muffin recipe.
Servings: 6 muffins
Wet Ingredients For Apple Muffins
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt fresh and well whisked
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dry Ingredients For Apple Muffins
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped apples peeled and cored + 2 tablespoons for topping
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
Preparation For Apple Muffins
Rinse, peel, core and cube the apples.
Preheat your oven at 180 C / 350 F. Line a muffin tray with paper liners.
Mix baking powder, baking soda, whole wheat flour and salt very well.
Making Apple Muffins Batter
Combine oil, vanilla extract and yogurt in a mixing bowl. Whisk very well until smooth using a hand held whisk or beater.
Add measured sugar and whisk again until light and creamy.
Add dry ingredients and mix.
Now add cinnamon powder if using. Mix the batter well.
Add chopped apples and fold gently.
Spoon the batter into lined muffin tray.
Baking Apple Muffins
Top with almond flakes and sprinkle some sugar.
Place the muffin tray containing batter in the center rack of your oven. Keep both the heating rods on.
Bake for 20-24 minutes or until a tester comes out with very few crumbs.
Once done let cool for 5 minutes.
Serve apple muffins warm.
- Every oven is different so the baking temperature varies. Keep a watch after 20 minutes to avoid burnt muffins.
- To make vegan apple muffins replace curd with water and 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar.
- Use gluten free baking flour for gluten free apple muffins.
Serving: 6muffins | Calories: 187kcal