Easy Tomato Sauce
An easy tomato sauce recipe that will up your cooking game. A real simple sauce recipe with fresh tomatoes and few other basic ingredients. Easy to whip in minutes and perfect for all your pasta, pizza and veggie recipes. Give this easy homemade sauce recipe a try and it might become your go to recipe 🙂
Servings: 3 cups
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-6 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped carrots peeled and chopped
- 3.5 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2.5 teaspoons chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried basil or fresh basil leaves as needed
- salt to taste
Next add cubed onions and saute for 3-4 minutes.
Add sliced carrots, chopped tomatoes and mix well. Saute for 4-5 minutes in open pan.
Add salt, chili flakes and sugar Mix well and mash the veggies well.
Continue to cook in open pan, mashing now and then for 8-12 minutes.
Now cover and simmer the sauce for 10-112 minutes.
Once the sauce is well cooked and reduced, add basil leaves and mix well. let cool thoroughly
Blend into a smooth or chunky sauce as preferred
Store this easy tomato sauce in a clean jar and use as required.
- You can use canned tomatoes instead of fresh tomatoes. Just add the whole tomatoes to the pan and crush as it cooks.
- Vary the herbs to vary the flavor like rosemary, thyme as you like.
- Use very good quality olive oil for best flavor.
- This sauce keeps well for 2 weeks in refrigerator and freezes well for 2-3 months.
Serving: 3cups | Calories: 189kcal