Baked Cauliflower Bites
Baked cauliflower bites is a quick and delicious starter you can make in minutes! Tossed gently in flour and crusted with sesame seeds, this may be that non greasy snack you are looking for ever. Better than takeaways, fresh, flavorful and extra crispy, you will love this snack to bits, oh these are vegan too
- 2 cups cauliflower florets bite sized
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 3 tablespoons rice flour `
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- oil for greasing the tray and few drops for baking
- 2 teaspoons nigella seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
First off prep your cauliflower. Break them into bite size florets. Bring a large pot of salted to boil. Add the cauliflower florets and blanch for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside
Preheat your oven at 180 C/ 350 F. Combine flour, turmeric powder, salt, chili powder and garam masala powder in a small bowl.
Also add carom seeds and rice flour.
Add water gradually and make a thick batter.
Dip each blanched cauliflower floret into the batter and arrange on a greased baking tray. Sprinkle nigella and sesame seeds.
Bake in the hot oven for 15-20 minutes or until it becomes golden and crispy. You can flip the florets after 10-12 minutes to ensure thorough cooking.
Serve baked cauliflower bites with a sprinkle of raw onions, chopped cilantro leaves and a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice.
- You can double or halve the recipe
- Instead of cauliflower you can use broccoli
Serving: 3g | Calories: 157kcal