Chocolate Chip Cookies (Soft & Chewy)
Chocolate chip cookies are soft, chewy and absolutely delicious cookies with chunks of chocolate in every bite! Made with choicest of ingredients, these cookies are delight in every bite. Seriously, I am literally making a batch every week!
Servings: 12 medium sized cookies
- 1/2 cup melted or soft butter, dairy or vegan 115 grams
- 1 tablespoon oil any neutral cooking oil
- 3/4 cup dark soft brown sugar, packed 165 grams
- 1/2 cup castor sugar or powdered granulated sugar, 100 grams
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups plain flour 185 grams
- 2 teaspoons corn flour
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder optional
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons milk, I used almond milk start with 2tablespoons and add more as required
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks semi sweet, bitter as required,
- sea salt few granules, optional
Measure and combine melted or soft butter (I have used vegan butter here), brown sugar, castor sugar and pure vanilla extract in a medium bowl.
Using an electric beater or hand whisk, beat until the whole mixture is well combined and light.
To the combined wet ingredients, add measured fours, baking soda and ground cofee.
Combine well, the dough will be very stiff now.
Add milk of choice (I have used almond milk).
and mix well to combine.
Add chopped chocolate chunks.
Fold and combine the chunks well into the dough.
Cover and chill the dough for 2- 4 hours.
Shaping & Baking Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Preheat your oven at 160 C/ 325 F 15 minutes before baking.
Remove the dough from refrigerator and let sit for 5 minutes.
Grease a large baking sheet with butter or line with parchment.
Using a tablespoon a standard measure, scoop out 1 tablespoon dough and place in the greased baking sheet. You can bigger cookies by using 2 tablespoons dough for each cookie too. I always use 1 tablespoon for medium sized cookies.
Sprinkle some sea salt flakes if desired on each cookie.
Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. After about 15 minutes, the cookies will still look very soft and under baked, but they continue to cook in the residual heat, so just leave them in the baking sheet for 10 more minutes.
Now remove the cookies from baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store chocolate chip cookies in airtight container and serve as required.
- Brown sugar- Brown sugar lends wonderful moisture and makes the cookies super chewy.
- Do not over bake the cookies, the cookies cook on residual heat after 15 minutes.
- You can double the recipe.
Serving: 20cookies | Calories: 179kcal