Vegan Corm Fritters
Vegan corn fritters with fresh sweet corn kernels, chickpea flour, onions and fresh herbs. You will love the vegan and gluten free version of the classic corn fritters, crispy at the edges with fluffy and soft texture. Serve with a simple salad or your favorite dip for snack or as a yummy side dish in lunch or dinner!
Servings: 8 fritters
- 1 cup chickpea flour besan
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh herbs cilantro, scallion greens, dill leaves, parsley
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels fresh or froxen
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly pounded black peppercorns
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
Combine 1 cup chickpea flour and 1/2 cup water in a large bowl.
Using a whisk, whisk this mixture vigorously to form a slurry.
Add finely chopped herbs and thinly sliced onions to the chickpea slurry.
Now add sweet corn kernels.
Finally add rice flour, freshly cracked black peppercorns and salt.
Mix well everything together. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a thick flat pan or skillet.
Using a cookie remove a portion of the fritters batter.
Place in hot oil and gently spread a little with a ladle.
You can fry 3-4 fritters at a time depending on the size of your pan.
Fry the fritters from both sides until golden in medium flame.
Remove to a plate.
Fry the remaining batter in the same oil.
Serve vegan corn fritters warm.
- These fritters taste great as snack or side dish.
- I like to serve these fritters as snack with a simple salad like onion tomato salad, or cucumber salad. Even avocado salad will taste good here.
- You can also serve these corn fritters with any dip like sour cream dip, yogurt dip or spicy chutney like green chutney or chili garlic sauce too.
- These also well as side dish with grilled dishes.
Serving: 8fritters | Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg