Easy Vegan Pasta Salad
A simple vegan pasta salad recipe to use all your gorgeous summer produce. This salad has hearty chunks of roasted vegetables, perfectly cooked pasta, corn tossed in a super flavorful Italian style dressing. A quick, easy enough recipe that you can whip up in 20 minutes flat. Perfect for weeknight dinner. Just use gluten free pasta if you want to make this recipe gluten free.
For cooking pasta
- 3/4 cup dried pasta 100 grams, 4oz
- water for cooking pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- few drops of oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 1 small carrot diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper cubed
- 1 medium red bell pepper cubed
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 small red onion cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup boiled corn kernels
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs basil, oregano, parsely etc
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon maple or sugar
- 2 tablespoons pasta cooked water
- salt to taste
Let's begin with dicing vegetables. Rinse and dice the veggies as you prefer. Here I have used 1 small green zucchini, 1 small carrot, around 1.5 cups cubed colored bell peppers, 1 small red onion and 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved.
Heat a large cast iron skillet or pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Spread the oil well. Place the chopped vegetables as single layer and set the heat to medium.
Roast the vegetables in medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until they char to your preference.
Scaling up- You can double or halve the recipe.
Serving- This recipe yilds three regular servings or 6-7 small servings.
Serving: 3g | Calories: 329kcal