Kanda poha recipe, delicious, healthy and light breakfast with rice flakes and onions!
Calories: 212 kcal
- 1 cup poha/aval/rice flakes
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 2 teaspoons urad dal
- 2 teaspoons channa dal
- 2 green chillies+1/2 inch ginger crushed together
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 10-12 curry leaves
- Optional ingredients:
- Grated coconut
- Fine sev for serving
Wash, rinse and drian the poha. Let the poha be moist and soft.
Heat a pan with 3 teaspoons oil.
Temper with cumin seeds. Add peanuts,urad and channa dal. Fry well.
Add crushed green chili and ginger, mix and saute well.
Add curry leaves and cook for 2 minutes.
Add drained poha and mix well.
Add salt, sugar and mix well. Cook for 2minutes
Remove from flame, add lemon juice mix well and serve kanda poha hot.
1. Do not miss sugar as it enhances the taste very well.
2. You ca add broken cashews along with/instead of peanuts
3. Add finely chopped cilantro leaves for garnishing if needed