Namak pare recipe with step by step photos. Crispy, spicy addictive ta time snack made with flour and pepper cumin seeds. Recipes for both fried and baked version
Servings: 40 -50
Calories: 358 kcal
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup maida
- 1 teaspoon oil OR butter OR ghee
- 2 teaspoons crushed cumin and peppercorns can reduce for mildly spiced namak para
- Oil for deep fried version
Take maida, wheat flour, salt, crushed cumin peppercorns, 1 teaspoon butter or oil or ghee in a mixing bowl.
Mix well, add water gradually and make a smooth dough. You can add 1/8 teaspoon baking powder to the dough.
Divide the dough into 2 equal parts. I deep fried one batch and baled the other one.
To bake the namak pare preheat oven at 180C. Take one dough ball and roll into circle of 1/4" thickness. With a knife make small diamonds or squares. Arrange i a non greased baking tray in a single layer. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the color changes slightly. Cool thoroughly and store in airtight container.
To deep fry the namak pare, heeat oil in a kadai. Deep fry the prepared squares until golden brown in mediu flame.
Store namak pare in airtight container and serve with tea.
1. Do not bake for more than 12 minutes. namak pare will crisp upon cooling.
2. While frying make sure to prick the squares with fork to avoid puffing.